MILITARY CONNECTED FAMILIES
We LOVE our Military Families at HHS!
We have been selected an official Alabama Purple Star School! For more information on that program, follow this link: https://www.alabamaachieves.org/alabamas-purple-star-school-program/
This page will serve as a resource for military parents & students.
Friday, April 21st is Purple Up Day. We encourage all faculty, staff, & students to wear PURPLE on this day to show support!
We will continually add resources and information that may be helpful. Stay tuned!
Military Family Liaison
The HHS Student 2 Student team is comprised of Leaders of the Pack, led by student, Bre Morris.
- Elmore County Military Connected Families - Information related to our school district's commitment to welcoming military families is found here.
- Alabama’s Heroes Welcome Initiative - The Heroes Welcome Initiative works together with representatives located in communities across Alabama and is committed to providing military families with information and resources available.
- Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs - Provides comprehensive care and quality service to Alabama’s veterans, and their families, with regard to health care, education, disability benefits, long-term care, and burial honors.
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission - Alabama is one of 50 states involved in the Interstate Compact for Educational Opportunities for Military Children, which is working to ensure that military children are properly enrolled in schools, have eligibility for school activities, and have assistance in meeting graduation requirements.
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC) - The Military Child Education Coalition’s work is focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for all military children affected by mobility, family separation, and transition.
- Touching Base - Touching Base is a quarterly U.S. Department of Education newsletter for the military community.
- Alabama Military Stability Foundation and The Alabama Military Stability Commission - The Military Stability Commission, chaired by Lt. Governor Will Ainsworth, and Military Stability Foundation work in conjunction to proactively ensure the stability of Alabama-assigned DOD resources by study and evaluation of all currently assigned military forces or civilian contractors and the move of these resources within, to, and from the State of Alabama. The operational arm of the Military Stability Commission, the Military Stability Foundation is a private, non-profit foundation that was incorporated in September 2011. The Foundation works directly with the Commission, Alabama-assigned DOD installations, and the communities that surround and support them to develop and implement measures to retain and strengthen Alabama’s military assets and infrastructure and to assist in preparations for any impending Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) or similar process.